Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Second Day

I have a lot of work ahead of me. Just learning to cut consistently is going to be a challenge. I cut my finger. I grabbed the blade. Hello. I don't do that at home, why did I have to do that in class. It is still killing me. I am the only one who cut herself. The teacher was watching me and I got nervous. I do so much better when I am not being watched. I had no idea there was so much to learn on just about everything. Chopping cuts, stocks, light or dark? soups and sauces. The list goes on and on. I have a good bit of reading tonight and a test tomorrow in sanitation. I found out I did more homework last night than some of the other students. Some went home and crashed. The first week is going to be an adjustment for everyone according to Chef ??. I am glad to hear I wasn't the only one who was exhausted last night. It will get better and I am learning so much already. I like the funny stories he tells about Julia Child. I can't remember if I mentioned that he used to work under her. I am very lucky to have this particular Chef teaching the fundamental class. The seasoned students tell me he is the best.

1 comment:

Kris Creel said...

I had no idea this was your dream! Just know that I have ALWAYS loved your cooking and you absolutely deserve a shot at this opportunity! I guess what I'm really trying to say is...I'm VERY proud of you.
Your Son, Kristopher