Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day One

First day was intense.  Five hours of lectures.  One hour of food safety, and four hours with our cooking instructor.  We have a great teacher who is one out of 700 Master Chefs in the world.  He studied abroad and he worked under Julia Child.  He is an encyclopedia of knowledge but claims he still has so much he could learn about food.  I am not mentioning names in my blog because I am not sure how these people would feel about me using their names here.  I liked his personality and he made sense when he spoke about food and the creativity aspect.  I will learn about sauces and soups, chopping etc.  Today we will be chopping.  I had no idea the different types of cuts.  A lot of the terms we are using are French terms.  I could go on about this but I have to go get ready for class.  I hope this blog will not be boring.  When I have time, I will be more specific about what I am learning.  I just have to learn it first.  Oh yea, lots of homework.  I spent my evening reading until I went to bed.  Goodness, I will have to get used to that. 

No comments: