Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wow, new class, new teacher.  Found out this morning that our chef teacher we had before was switched at the last minute.  I was afraid of this new chef at first because I heard he is the hardest grader during Practicals.  He is quiet, soft spoken, more of an "all business" kind of teacher.  He also gives out more homework.  Oh well, I knew I would have to get used to a new teacher eventually any way.  Why not let it be now. 

He taught us how to cut a whole chicken into eight pieces.  We also quarter a chicken and deboned the leg thigh piece.  It has been stuffed and will be cooked tomorrow.  We didn't have time to cook it today because the President, called a meeting with all the Chefs during our class time.  That is not cool.  I might have to speak my mind on this one.  We only have five hours to make all these dishes and it is not like we can make it up the next day.  It is getting faster and faster and he is expecting us to be smarter and quicker with everything, plus keep up all our dishwashing in the process.  It is tough.  I never I thought I would be a dishwasher but we do it all in this class.  Oh, I guess I should say "never say never".  If you told me when I was working at Bellshouth (AT&T) that I would one day be a dishwasher and in cooking school, I would say, never, no way.  Ha, Ha, the laugh is on me.  When you are following a dream, you have to do the grunt work along with the fun, challenging stuff.  That is all there is to it.  It is humbling!

I am excited and still anxious but so far I have taken one day at a time and have done well, so I am going to keep doing what works.  Tomorrow is Friday, we have several chicken dishes to do tomorrow, so I should have dinner to take home.  Yea!!!

I have got to go.  Study ... Study ... Study .... I'm a student.  Tee Hee

No comments: